Sunday, May 8, 2011

Seeds of Style





          For as long as I can remember I have always had an affinity for asian inspired prints. I have fantasies that it must have come from spending the first 6 months of my life in Japan and that these must have been the first prints that left a mark on my psyche. By way of baby bedding or Reiko-san's floral mu mu, somehow I seeded this connection to beautifully stylized nature prints. Isn't the one on this dress so fun and sweet?








I really like these shoes, from the heel up, but I'm not crazy about the finish of the platform, the fake wood thing is not doing it for me. I was thinking about adding some brass push pins along the top edge, or painting them or SOMETHING...I'd LOVE ideas or suggestions?



I know that you have all seen these little beauties. Whether it be HSN, "As seen on TV" store, Claire's, what have you, these things are everywhere. My aunt gave me this one when I showed some interest in her's. It did take me a while to get around the whole informercial cheesiness that they exude, but recently, I have discovered that they are the PERFECT piece for shortish, not long enough for a ponytail, hair. Yes, I have been known to rock the 2inch long ponytail, but, can we agree that the alternative is a little classier?




Dress: thrifted
Cardigan: Zac Posen for Target
Platforms: Forever 21
earrings: Forever 21

No comments: