Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Leather and Lace




These boots are my recent "go-to"s. They work with most everything in my wardrobe...even black, as you can see. I cant believe I haven't talked about them yet! Whats really great about them, besides the soft suede and ultra cool cuff, is the fact that they are sort of a slide clog type thing, so they give the illusion that your legs are longer than they actually are.




I found this vintage slip from Bergdorf's a couple of weeks ago at Salvation Army. I was so stoked to find it, the quality of the lace and silk are so much higher than your average lingerie.

Jacket: Merona via Goodwill ($6)
Tank: American Apparel via Salvation Army ($3)
Slip: Salvation Army ($2)
Leggings: Target ($4)
Boots: Steve Madden via DSW ($40)
                                                       Necklaces: Etsy and Modcloth






I seem to be developing an affinity for lingerie during the day. I'm guessing it stems from the  "I don't give a &%#$" attitude that I have developed since the day I turned 30. Ive made sort of an unconscious decision to dress for myself and no one else. I am lucky to work in a place where there is virtually no dress code other than "clothes". Meat, unfortunately, is not an option, so I'm guessing I wont be discussing fashion tips around the water cooler with Lady Gaga anytime soon.






2 comments:

Terry said...

I think you should discuss your "go-to" necklace. You have been wearing it nearly everyday at least since March. Love you!

Sarah said...

I love this look. Great shoes and I dig the lace.

thequeenofwanderlust.blogspot.com