Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Yard Sale Season

I turn into such a dork whenever we do our yard sales (which is beginning to be every year). I get all excited about haggling with the the bargain hunters and especially displaying all of our wares in an aesthetically pleasing manner .  Suddenly I'm 7 years old, playing "Museum" with my sister and our friends. Picture stuffed toys on pedestals with placards reading "Cabbage Patch eating Dinner" and "Care bear at Play".  Yes, I know what you're thinking...I've already got a call into Mattel... I'm pretty sure there is money to be made in a "My First Museum" Set.  I'll let you know how it pans out.







Boredom's culmination.





They just don't make labels like they used to.




Maybe if I stand here and act interested, people will stop and want to buy our crap...stuff...valuable items...




Inside book jacket  for "Living Life RAD: a Biography"

(P.S. Happy Birthday to my RAD hubby!!!)


The biggest problem with pulling out all of our old stuff to sell is that Charlotte starts to fall back in love with all of her old toys. I'm pretty sure I know where she gets it considering the pile of clothes that I rescued from the sale to "try again".  Here she demonstrates to some patrons how handy a jogging stroller might be, while partaking in a little sippy cup action.





"This can be a big girl cup too, huh Mama?"

Sure, Char, whatever you say....







3 comments:

erin said...

Hilarious! So how much did y'all make?

erin said...

And is it enough to buy the "My First Museum" set when it comes out?

Joyce said...

Hwy!
Garage sales can be fun and it looks as if you "did" have a fun-one! It does help if one displays things in the right fashion and that you "did" as well.
Love you all, lots.......