Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Back in the Swing


After what seemed like a year long Holiday break we are getting back to our usual grind.  Charlotte to her homework and packed lunch and Dave and I to our usual Wednesday job as teacher's aides.  Ever since I have been working from home, I have found it difficult to bring style to my everyday casual looks.  I split my week between jeans and leggings and find purposeful styling a bit tricky.  One effort that I have made in the last month is the thoughtful application of jewelery and accessories. I think that no matter how simple the items of clothing may be, as long as the accessories are exciting, the outfit can still look put together.






I recently scored a few great pieces of jewelery at Macy's during an after Christmas Sale. This giant snakeskin tooth necklace was one of them. I was a little hesitant to purchase something so ferocious looking, but anyone who knows me knows how my unhealthy obsession with snakeskin renders me powerless to make rational decisions.







. Hope I didn't scare the Kindergartners too badly.











1 comment:

Lori Grimes said...

I love how you can pull off just about any style you want.