Thursday, April 15, 2010

Sucker for Strange

I have come to the realization that I have a soft spot for anything unique, out of the ordinary, rare... (shocked aren't you?). So, of course when I scored these two beauties in the same day I thought I was in a Weird Wonderland! These cork (as in: ALL cork) wedges are so amazing...the perfect transitional shoe into the summer, although I can totally see myself sporting them through until the fall.
































and THEN I come across this vintage Betsey Johnson pterodactyl jacket! (both at my local Salvation Army).



I know, I know you hate me...dont worry, dinosaurs are sooo last season anyways.

In my research on the piece I discovered that Betsey Johnson is buying back vintage pieces in order to create a sort of museum collection. So, Im debating selling it back to them. I think it is absolutely adorable and I am really tempted to keep it. If anyone has any input on the matter (other than "ditch the ugly dinosaur jacket!") I'm open to it.

5 comments:

Terry said...

Love the shoulder pads! What is she paying for stuff? It looks kind of cute on you, maybe you should keep it for awhile and then sell it! Two posts in one week -- love it!

Lori Grimes said...

I say sell it back to them it's a win, win situation they get their dinosaurs jacket back and I don't have to worry about being seen with you wearing it in public. As far as the shoes go it’s a good place to put extra tacks or pins. With all that said I think the jacket really is cute on you not me and the shoes well I’m sticking with the tack and pin statement.

I'm just a t-shirt (in every color) and jeans kinda gal and that’s as far as my fashion sense goes!

Susie said...

I was just thinking it would be kind of silly, but you could push in a business card on your shoes and use it as free PR ;) You're cute.

Fashily said...

Susie! you are genius!! there is merit in silly ideas! Aunt Lu, I am gonna wear the jacket next time we go see Uncle Glenn play...just for YOU!
Mom, they said to send an email with pics and how much you want to sell for...Im formulating a price.:)

erin said...

This is SO cool Meghan! I hope you list it somewhere in the thousands!