Saturday, April 24, 2010

Beauty. Love. Fashion. What else do we need?

To most people work can be a place of stress, hassles, irritation and headaches. Although we have all had each of these things at one time or another, for me, work, Ericka Engelman Couture, is a place of beauty, creativity, positivity and laughter.  I have more fun with these three ladies than you could ever imagine. Between our wide range of conversations , continuous snacking and retail therapy, we actually manage to get some work done and create some amazing pieces, who would have thought? 


This little lady, and yes I do literally mean little (is it 4'11", Ash?), is who I will call our "good girl". She is the youngest of us at ONLY 24 (as of this Friday).  Never have I met somebody who has both so much, and so little life experience simultaneously. Ashley is quick to joke and quick to laugh, and for those of us lucky people she considers friends she would pretty much do anything (unless it gets between her and her best buddy J.C.) Did I also mention she is also easy to tease and can take a joke with the best of them? Pound for pound she has more talent then anybody I know. Though today she a bit sporty spice, she can rock a pair of granny chic high waisted pants with the best of them.



Ah, my girlie, Yessica...Gotta love her. Probably one of the most driven people I know with a heart of gold. Her only flaw being that she wants to give as much as she can to as many people as she can and still try to  maintain sanity. She is about to graduate with honors (no pressure, Yess) from FIDM in San Francisco and somehow manages to keep her family and her boss happy at the same time. She is one quarter of our very cool club known as the DMCs (Dorky Married Couples for you losers that don't know). My fellow thrifter extraordinaire who might be as cheap as me ;) and the other half to our lovely Etsy shop. She has a classic and feminine flair in her styling and a boot collection that would put Emelda Marcos to shame.



And then of course there is Ericka, I know few so generous, loving, funny, creative and intelligent all rolled up into one person. I have worked for this lovely lady for nearly ten years now and it has truly been a joy every step of the way.  It is so great when you have a boss that you also consider a friend and I am truly aware that most people aren't so lucky. Ericka and I have now worked together so long that we are like an old comfortable married couple...finishing each others sentences, arguing the same points, rolling our eyes at each other and laughing until one of us nearly pees our pants.  Ericka's style is very much in the vein of Vera Wang. Usually black, keep it simple and classic, dont distract from the sartorial genius that is unfolding before her. (to be fair, she didnt get my "Im taking your picture tommorow" text. This is her getting shit done look. But did you see those shoes? perfection.)

I love these women. period.

Whose that chick?




...emergency eyelash removal....spontaneous chorus line....just a typical day at Ericka Engelman Couture.



Oh, and sometimes we work.

                                                         But, we ALWAYS have a good time.

4 comments:

Fashily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Terry said...

I love this post. Looks like a fun and productive place to work!!

erin said...

ADORE THIS! SO SO SO MUCH!!!

I want to quit my job and move to Cali.

Oh wait...what's that? You don't need me and my bootcut jeans and white t'shirts?

hrmph. I'm revoking my offer anyway.

Lori Grimes said...

I love the last picture it really looks like you ladies love your job.