Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Shock of Color


This was my outfit for work today. This area of California has had a very non summer this year and it really stinks. I had high hopes for atleast a glimmer of sun so I rolled up my pants slapped on my sandals and hoped for the best.



 
 I love these pants. They are totally 80's which of course I love, but my favorite part about them is the pleats in front that cross over each other. I think that is so unique and fun!



 


One of my favorite tricks when I'm putting an outfit together is to think about color in a kind of "out of the box" way. For example, everyone knows that complimentary colors work well together because they are colors that are across from each other on the color wheel.  Colors such as blue and orange (War Eagle!), green and red, yellow and purple. If you also think of variations of these colors when coordinating outfits it will bring out alot of unexpected matches. I loved how these olive (variation of green) pants and hot pink (variation of red) belt complimented each other and made the outfit work. Paired with a basic black and white graphic tee.

3 comments:

Terry said...

I remember those big pleats!! Glad they are gone!

erin said...

I'd never thought about that color thing before. Great tip for those of us unfashionable ones! =)

Fashily said...

you are sooo NOT "unfashionable"