Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Gypsy Life

I couldn't believe how hot it was today! I had all but given up on us having a summer at all, but it went up into the triple digits in many places around the central coast...yay, for summer arriving at the end of August! I may have gotten a tad excited at the prospect of actual hot weather and headed out in this daringly short skirt....to work. Don't worry, I wore my bloomers;)



In a former life this was a long, early 90's gypsy skirt that, I'm pretty sure at some point, my high school English teacher sported with Birkenstocks and a sweater vest, but I digress...


I chopped it off, ran my overlock machine along the edge, and Voila!


tank...New York and Company (gift from a friend)
Cardigan...Zac Posen for Target ($29)
Skirt...Thrifted ($3)
Shoes...Jessica Simpson thrifted ($15)
Necklace...Kohl's ($4)


I apologize for the excessive twirling and curtsying...but, I live with a 4 yr old professional princess, it comes with the territory....

...now if you'll excuse me, I have some essays to grade.





7 comments:

Terry said...

Too cute! I love the part about your professional princess and Mrs. B! BTW your hair is just adorable!

Fashily said...

Thanks! PS Dave says I look like you in the twirl pic...lol

erin said...

LOVE! My fave is the necklace. Can I have it?

Lori Grimes said...

Bloomers? What bloomers I swear I can see your underwear...Just kidding:] Very cute teacher Meghan!

Fashily said...

oh yeah...i took them off after work cuz it was to %&*$%@?&* hot!

Anonymous said...

I think that was actually my skirt - only I didn't start wearing the Birks until now...

Anonymous said...

That skirt has great movement!

xo,
Dyanna
www.thesfstyle.com