Sunday, August 8, 2010

Flower Girl

Last weekend we were witness to one of the most beautiful weddings I have seen.  Picture this, a redwood grove adjacent a beautiful mountain lake in the heart of the Santa Cruz mountains, late afternoon sunlight twinkling through the trees and glistening off the water, accents of orange and blue dot the background and an amazing couple pledging their love for always....



They were sweet enough to invite Charlotte to be a part of their big day as the flower girl. Let me tell you, as nervous as I was for her that she may feel the pressure of the moment or get stage fright, she came through with flying colors and took her job VERY seriously. I volunteered to give the beautiful bride a last fluff at the beginning of the aisle which also allowed me to whisper some last encouraging words to Charlotte before her big moment. Each of my assurances was answered with a cool and confident, "I know that...I know that, Mama..." as she stared dead ahead waiting for her cue.

I was one proud Mama.

A little known fact about my husband is that he breaks out in hives at the mere mention of him and I "matching" in any way, shape, or form. Even if we accidentally wear the same color he will insist on changing. HOWEVER, when he realized that he had a shirt in his closet that exactly matched the color of Charlotte's custom made (wink,wink) flower girl dress....well, as you can see he was one proud daddy.


After the wedding brought lots of savory Mexican food, , awesome 90's dance music ( I heard some strange chick even busted out both the Running Man AND the Roger Rabbit...weirdo.)...


delicious beverages...


...and of course many heart-warming romantic moments...precious.




Congratulations you guys, thanks for letting us be a part of your special day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures, thanks for sending them to us while we are in Thailand. It was a nice reminder of how beautiful our wedding was and all the people involved. Look forward to coming home and seeing everyone.

Karen said...

What a beautiful family photo!!

Joyce said...

So happy to see all the photos...love the,"Char." one, of getting ready to be a flower girl. She seems to be a natural, when it comes to doing a job that is asked of her. I'm so looking forward to seeing her in Paul and Alexis' BIG day just a few weeks away!
Love you all,
Miss Joyce