Sunday, March 28, 2010

Project My Way

Picture this....two sisters, close in age, alike in many ways and different in just as many. This is the story and culmination of those two sisters revelling in their similarities and embracing whole heartily their differences.





My sister and I have seen each other through many fashion trends and unfortunate style choices (can we say mile high 80's bangs?) To her credit she has always played it a little safer fashion wise which of course has made for much more enjoyable photo albums.:) That said, I have always been envious of her ability to pull off classic looks flawlessly which is a tribute to her classic beauty.

Ever since we have known we would be spending the week together we have wanted to do a joint blog project and sometime during our first few hours together I think I said something to the affect of, "I want to dress you!?" to which she responded "only if I can dress you!" Such is the origin of the madness you see before you.


I really loved this look on her, It reminded me of something that she might actually wear..... if she accidentally ate the "special" brownies at the community bake sale.;)
I decided that I wanted to do another outfit because these weren't actually MY clothes they are intended for the etsy shop. I picked these next pieces out of my closet and I think the outcome was even better. She actually wore this to dinner that night!



Vintage slip + long cardigan + broken in frye boots = cowgirl chic :)


I love that she loved this outfit as much as I did, makes me even happier!!!
One memorable conversation we has during our visit was about how, now that I am almost 2 years comfortably (eek!) into my 30's and she is only 2 short months (EEK!!) to the big 3-0, we have become unconsciously much more comfortable with ourselves and our personal styles. Which I think is as awesome trade off for fleeting youth ;)


Speaking of fleeting youth....

heheheehee...I kid. This look was fun. The bright colors arent what I was quite used to, but I loved how she added the black bracelet and headband to tone down the brightness and give it a little edge.
We had so much fun making each other feel silly. What is better than playing barbie, hanging with your favorite sissy and laughing 'til you cry?....pretty much nothing.

4 comments:

erin said...

Defintely nothing. Although next time we'll do it in our own clothes and it will be soooo much more fun!

Love reading this from your perspective. And I LOVE that you used that first pic of you...a mark of a truly brave woman who is comfortable in her own skin! For sure!

Love you!

Terry said...

I love my girls. I love that my girls love each other. I love their children and their husbands, and their clothes. I love these posts.

Lori Grimes said...

Yep pretty much nothings better than hanging with your sister and laughing until you cry or milk comes out your nose!

Amy said...

I loved your "experiment"--mostly just the incredible joy on your faces. There's no denying how much fun you have together!