Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Feathers and Floral

Have you ever bought something, kind of on a whim, and then had it turn into one of your favorite pieces? Well, I think that this big ole sweater may just be one of those things. It is so big and cozy, and I LOVE the large floral print. It is perfect for our central coast sometimes chilly Spring/Summer, but still springy because of the floral.



I was a bit worried about how ginormous it was, so I made sure to keep it dark and sleek underneath. Black tank. Skinny jeans. Done.



I got this feather earring from Etsy a couple weeks ago. The jury is still out...I like it with this sweater because they are the same color and it doesn't make such a huge statement. Feathers are very trendy right now and I try to not jump on trend bandwagons, but as I tweeted yesterday (follow me: @sewmeg ) I was betting on the Grama-esque sweater balancing out the "youth" of the earring.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Saw the feather review on Fashion Police last night. Did you see Gwyneth Paltrow's feathers at the Grammy Awards? Awesome look.