Monday, April 4, 2011

Give Back Gala: Couture for Charity

This weekend I was lucky enough to be able to travel to San Francisco to participate in the Give Back Gala benefiting Woman Inc. and  Career Closet. Ericka Engelman Couture showed her collection as well as 9 other up and coming, and extremely talented designers. It was so exciting to see so many different perspectives in fashion coming together for such a great  cause.

Had a few hours before we started rehearsals  for fabric shopping and a little speed shopping through   H and M.  This was my look for the day. The vintage sweater was the perfect piece for the mild but slightly windy SF day and my sockless flats still made me feel Springy.



Sweater: Thrifted Vintage
Jeans: Target
Flats: Thrifted Enzo Aglio
Necklace: Thrifted


That Evening....

Team Ericka representing in our "colors"




A couple of our ladies showing off their outfits just before heading down the runway.




Ericka among a few of her creations.
I wish I had the time between dressing models to get pictures of some of the other designer's pieces, there were some really amazing and innovative designs.

This was such a special experience and I feel so blessed to have been a part of it. Congratulations to all of the designers on pulling off such a beautiful show!

4 comments:

Terry said...

What a great event! Glad you had fun and had some time to enjoy SF! Love the Erika fabric!

Karen said...

Love the outfit on top.

Denelle Plummer said...

Hi! This was such a fabulous event! And of course was very lucky to wear Erick's designs. They are wonderful! Is there somewhere I can find more photos of that night?

Fashily said...

Hey Denelle! We were lucky to have you! I cant find my link to the photographers pics, but if you Email Ericka she has it.