Friday, July 15, 2011

Navy Issues


 My Dad was a Navy man for 20 years of his life.  I guess you could kind of say it was a love hate relationship. The Navy loved him, clearly, as he retired as Senior Chief, and he...well, he loved to hate it.  I feel blessed to have grown up a Navy brat. I got to travel to places all over the world, before the age of 15, that most people don't get to see in a lifetime.  Not matter what my Dad tries to tell you, the Navy will always hold a special place in the hearts of me and my family for the opportunities is offered and the memories that it helped create.

When I found these vintage Navy issue dungarees I was beside myself.  Be it style or nostalgia I am all in, baby.  What's scary is these are probably about the same size my Dad's skinny ass wore when he first enlisted.

Wow. I got through that whole post with no Seamen jokes. nice.






3 comments:

Laurie said...

Where did you get your pants??? I have to have these for fall!

Fashily said...

I actually got a few pairs second hand. I have another pair that are probably a size 2 that I was planning on listing in my etsy shop. Let me know if you are interested!:)

Laurie said...

Haha! Size 2!! Well, let me know if you get a 4 or 6! I know your sister (here in AL) and she is such a sweet soul!