Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Beautiful

Alabama. The place our family settled after my Dad retired from the Navy and where I spent my middle school, high school, and then College years. I have made so many amazing memories in this truly beautiful state and I am so saddened to see the tragedy that it has endured in these past few days.

Click here to shop Sifted Vintage

The hardest hit city was Tuscaloosa, Alabama,  home of The University of Alabama, a college full of pride and tradition. Also, coincidentally, the rival to my Alma Mater, Auburn University.
  Alabama, without a doubt, LOVES it's football and between our two schools we hold the last two consecutive Football National Championships and probably the biggest rival in the country.  Despite our stiff rivalry, in times of crisis our rival is usually the first to offer a helping hand.  A few months back Auburn's tradition was attacked when someone poisoned 130 year old oak trees at Toomer's Corner on our campus. Within hours a group was formed through facebook dubbed "Tide for Toomers" and subsequently raised close to $50,000 to help preserve our trees and our traditions. 
   So now, Tuscaloosa and the entire state of Alabama are in dire straits and I pledge to do my little part to help redefine the word "Rival".  If I have to put on a houndstooth dress to do it. So be it.



"Like" Toomer's for Tuscaloosa to receive updates and news about needs in the area.

Sale Proceeds will go to Project Help Alabama through Help the Children.

1 comment:

Terry said...

Wonderful thing to do, my girl. You make a mama proud!